Some applications, like the Adobe and QuarkXPress applications require a plug-in for auto-activation to work, but the Affinity applications (Publisher, Designer, and Photo) do not require a plug-in, but it does require you to change a setting in the FontAgent preferences.
To make auto-activation work in the Affinity applications, do the following:
- Quit all Affinity applications.
- Open FontAgent.
- Open the FontAgent Preferences.
- Select the Activator tab.
- De-select the checkbox labeled "Only for Adobe and Quark applications".
- (optional but recommended) Restart your computer.