When you add fonts to your FontAgent® database, it verifies the integrity of the fonts and organizes them in a centralized database—so you can search, view, manage and select the fonts easily and reliably.
What Happens When You Import Fonts
When you import fonts, FontAgent automatically:
- Finds all fonts in the specified folders and subfolders
- Verifies that the fonts comply with industry font-file standards
- Marks fonts that don't comply with standards
- Identifies duplicate fonts and imports only unique ones
- Adds usable fonts to your database
- Provides a results log of the import process
- Updates your import history
Ways to Import Fonts
You can import fonts into FontAgent in multiple ways.
- Drag and drop a font or a folder into the FontAgent application window.
- Click the + button in the top-left Toolbar.
- Select the File > Import Fonts menu command.
- Type Command+G.
When you don't use drag-and-drop to import fonts, FontAgent displays a dialog box so you can choose a file or folder to import.