The processes to upgrade from FontAgent Server 7 to FontAgent Server 9 is relatively simple, and nearly identical if you're using macOS or Windows.
- Begin by stopping the FontAgent Server 7 process. On macOS, you do this by using the FontAgent Server 7 application. On Windows, you can stop the FontAgent Server 7 process using the Windows Services application.
- Download the latest version of FontAgent Server 9 Admin application from this URL: https://cloud.fontagent.com/FAServer/serverUpdate
- Install and run the FontAgent Server Admin application.
- Windows Users: when you run the FontAgent Server Admin application, you should run it with Administrator level privileges.
- Press the "Install Server Components" button. This will download and install the server into /Library/Application Support/FontAgent Server Admin/ folder.
- After it is complete, press the "Start Server" button.