Before you proceed, if you have a backup of your FontAgent Pro data, you should refer instead to the How to restore FontAgent Pro User Data from a Backup
These instructions are for FontAgent Pro 6 and earlier.
When you recreate a corrupted FontAgent Pro database, you will lose some of your FontAgent Pro configurations mainly any Sets that you might have created. Your Sets will need to be recreated after re-importing your fonts. We’ll start by creating a blank database. We’ll have the opportunity to re-import your fonts and font libraries the way you had them before, but your Sets will have to be recreated manually.
- The first step is to make sure that FontAgent Pro is not managing your System Fonts. If you already know that "Manage System Fonts" is turned off, skip ahead to Step 4. Otherwise, start here by opening FontAgent Pro.
- Click on the FontAgent Pro menu in the menubar (right next to the Apple menu), and select Preferences (command-,).
- We want to make sure that "Manage System Fonts" checkbox is deactivated. If this checkbox is already deactivated, move on to the next step. If there is a check in the checkbox, click it so that there is no check in the checkbox. This will turn off the Mange System Fonts feature.
- Quit FontAgent Pro.
- Find and move to your Desktop the folder: /Users/[your username]/FontAgent Pro Fonts. NOTE: The FontAgent Pro Fonts folder might be in a different location depending on how you setup FontAgent Pro when you first started the program.
- Find and move to the Desktop the folder /Users/[your username]/Library/FontAgent Pro NOTE: In 10.7 and later, the User Library folder is hidden. The quickest, and easiest, way to get to this folder is folder is to hold down the option key on your keyboard, then click the "Go" menu in the Finder's menu bar. You should then see the "Library" menu option, which upon clicking it will bring you to your User Library
- Start FontAgent Pro. At this point, it should be completely empty of all fonts, Sets, and Libraries.
- Re-import your fonts from the FontAgent Pro Fonts folder that was moved to the Desktop.
- After all fonts are imported, you can put into the Trash the FontAgent Pro Fonts and FontAgent Pro folder that are on your Desktop and test font activation.